The Vacant and Abandoned Building map visualizes buildings in Chicago that are not in use and potentially hazardous to the neighborhood around them. The data includes features being added to the database from July 1st, 2018 and currently consists of 11643 buildings [Data Source].
The map represents information about the general pattern of the buildings’ distribution within the city. Widgets allow filtering by the current status of the building and the date of opening the information to the database. Users could also search the building in the specific ZIP area.
- Visualizing up-to-date information in a single map
- Effective tracking, managing, and sharing reports
- Researching patterns in abandoned buildings
- Risk reduction in cases of emergencies
- Multicriteria neighborhood development planning and monitoring
Key Technical Features
- Time-Series Widget
- Search by Column Value
- Categorical Filtering
- Data Aggregation
- Multiscale visualization